For Bachelor of Science in Management
To be considered for USF scholarships that factor in financial need, you are required to fill-out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For information on the FAFSA and federal student loan program, visit www.fafsa.ed.gov. The USF school code for FAFSA is 001325. We recommend that you submit your FAFSA as early as possible, even before your admission decision is made.
Awarded on a competitive basis to a limited number of newly admitted Professional Bachelor's Degree Program students who demonstrate exceptional promise
of achieving academic excellence. Applicants are evaluated based on
financial need, academic potential and potential for future
contributions to the field of study.
Applicants must also complete and submit the Free Application for
Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is available online,
Approximate Award: Tuition grant up to six credits of coursework; 3
credits disbursed the first term and 3 credits in the second term
contingent upon maintenance of good academic standing (3.0 GPA).
Megan Noble Memorial Scholarship
Because Megan was a returning adult student working towards the completion of her Bachelor degree, this memorial scholarship will be awarded to a student at the University of San Francisco who is working towards the same goal.
Each year, one or more scholarships in the amount of at least $2,500 (if available in the fund) will be awarded to a student who meets the following criteria:
- A full-time undergraduate student (minimum 12 units per semester) or a student enrolled in a Professional Bachelor's Degree Program in the School of Management
- Student whose college education was interrupted for any reason
- Submission of a 750-word minimum essay entitled, “What does it mean to be an educated person?” (Essay to include circumstances that caused the student to interrupt their education and reasons for returning to college; describe the journey involved in realizing this goal)
- Essay will be judged on content, grammar, and thoughtful and organized construction. The quality of this essay will constitute 85% of the award criteria and will be based on the award committee’s evaluation.
- A minimum total GPA of 3.0 for USF course work
- Demonstrated Financial Need (must have filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than March 2, 2012)
Application deadline for submission of all materials is March 2, 2012. Notice of the award will be made by April 20, 2012 and be awarded for the Fall 2012, Spring 2013 and/or Summer 2013 semesters. Essay may be shared with donors to the Megan Noble Scholarship fund.
Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship
Timely applicants for admission to the University's undergraduate degree programs in the School of Management are eligible for consideration for admission as a Transfer Scholar. Scholars will receive a scholarship in the amount of $1,250 a semester for up to four semesters of undergraduate study at USF. The scholarship is applicable to fall and spring semesters only. No financial aid application is required and Scholars will be identified at the time of admission.
To be considered for admission as a Transfer Scholar, applicants must submit their Admission Application and all required supporting documents to the University's Admission office by August 1 for a program beginning in the fall semester and by January 1 for a program beginning in the spring semester.
To be admitted as a Scholar, applicants must be newly admitted students who have a transfer grade point average of at least 3.75 and must have at least 60 graded units accepted for transfer credit.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, recipients must achieve a minimum GPA of 3.2 for each semester's work at USF.