The University of San Francisco offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package for eligible faculty, staff and their families through its 25+ benefits and wellness programs. For detailed information, including rates and eligibility requirements, please read the 2015 USF Benefits Guide.
What do we offer?
- Carefully review the plan information in the 2015 USF Benefits Guide
- Attend a Benefits Orientation, held every week in the Office of Human Resources
- Review your benefits elections anytime in BeneTrac, USF's online benefits platform
- For more information about BeneTrac, visit the Online Enrollment webpage
Making the right choices for you
Whether you’re new to USF or want to review your options before the next Open Enrollment period (October-November each year), it’s important that you understand the wide range of benefits offered to help decide what’s right for you.
To receive benefits coverage, you need to enroll. Once you enroll for the first time, many benefits will roll over each year unless you change them or unless the plan you chose is eliminated. Some benefits, like Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), require annual re-enrollment.
When do you need to enroll?
New employees must enroll online within 30 days of their start date.
When can you change your enrollment?
- During Open Enrollment, which runs from October into November each year. If you add, remove or change your benefits, they will become effective January 1 of the following year.
- During the year, if you have a qualified change in status as defined by the IRS such as marriage or the birth of a child.
When do your benefits begin?
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Childcare Subsidy
- The first of the month following date of hire
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Immediately from date of hire
- Commuter Benefit (My Commuter Check)
- Place an order with My Commuter Check by the 10th of the month to cover expenses for the following month
Summary of Benefits